Forged Eye Bolt Dimensions Calculator was developed to show dimensions of a selected forged threaded eye bolt intended primarily for lifting
applications, and covers the following types and
- Type 1, Plain pattern (straight shank): Long length (Style A) and Short length (Style B)
- Type 2, Shoulder pattern: Long length (Style A) and Short length (Style B)
Forged Eyebolt Dimensions Calculator uses the dimensional data charts of forged eye bolts which are
given in the ASME B18.15 standard.
Some important notes from the ASME B18.15:
- Mechanical properties for carbon steel eye bolts are covered by ASTM A 489.
- Forged, quenched and tempered alloy steel threaded eyebolts with improved toughness and intended primarily for low temperature applications are covered by ASTM F 541.
- Eye bolt threads shall be unified coarse thread with tolerance class of 2A. Rolled threads are desirable for improved fatigue life. Eye bolts are used in tapped holes with Class 2B threads.