Dimensions of flat head, flat countersunk head,
button head, pan head, truss head tinners, coopers and belt rivets are given in the following solid rivet dimensions chart according to ANSI B18.1.1-1972 "Small Solid Rivets (7/16 Inch Nominal Diameter and Smaller)" standard.
Small solid rivets are rivets with 7/16 inch nominal diameter and smaller.
Some important notes from the ANSI B18.1.1:
- Head dimensions given in this page are applicable to rivets produced by cold heading process.
- Rivets except countersunk head type shall be furnished with a definite fillet under the head. The radius of fillet shall not be larger than 10 % of max shank dia. or 0.03 inch, which is the smaller.
- Suitable Materials of solid rivets: Steel - ASTM Standard A31, Grade A, SAE J430, Grade 0,
other materials - may also be made from stainless steel, brass, aluminum.
- Finish: Unless specified, rivets shall be supplied unplated or uncoated.
- Unless otherwise specified, rivets shall have plain sheared ends. Where requested by user, rivets with standard header points shall be provided.
- Designation: Nominal Size - Length - Type of Rivet - Material - Finish (if required). Ex: 1/4 x 1 1/4 Flat Head Small Solid Rivet; Zinc Plated, .125 x .500 Button Head Small Solid Rivet; Pointed, Aluminum.