Metric hexagon socket head cap screw dimensions are shown in the following chart according to ISO 4762:2004 standard.
ISO 4762 specifies the properties of hexagon socket cap screws with coarse pitch thread from M1.6 up to and including M64.
Some important notes from ISO 4762 standard:
- Thread: 5g6g for Grade 12.9, 6g for other classes
- Mechanical Properties: For steel socket head cap screws with sizes ≥M3 and ≤M39, property classes are 8.8, 10.9 and 12.9.
For stainless steel socket head cap screws with sizes ≤M24, property classes are A2-70, A3-70, A4-70 and A5-70.
For stainless steel socket head cap screws with sizes >M24 and ≤M39, property classes are A2-50, A3-50, A4-50 and A5-50.
- Finish: For steel screws, electroplating per ISO 4042 and zinc flake coatings per ISO 10683. For stainless steel screws, plain finish.
- Designation: Hexagon socket head cap screw ISO 4762 - M6 x 35 - 10.9 (M6 thread with 35 mm length and property class 10.9)
- Approximate masses of steel screws are given in the Annex of the standard.